Unforgettable gesture from Karthik and Vaibhav

Today was just one of bad days when my mood was low, I slept recollecting lot of past and went into self pity and began to cry and cry. Karthik and Vaibhav were sleeping next to me. Karthik saw me and asked as to why I was crying. Obviously, I gave some vague answer. Karthik then came close to me, put his hand around my neck and kissed me. He held me for a while. I wiped my tears and told him, thanks for being with me. But, I began weeping again. This time again Karthik came close to me, held me and kissed me again. He just kept himself close to me and his head close to me, while I kept weeping both in sadness and joy that Karthik is able to understand and offer comfort. He just kept himself close to me, without any movement for quiet some some time. Must be 5 - 10 minutes. I again thanked him and put him to sleep. But, my tears wouldn't stop. Karthik repeated the same. He took my hand and wiped off my tears. And then, he came very very close to me, put his hand around me and slept off.

Well, what I told is about Karthik. Now, Vaibhav. Vaibhav would sit on his knees and bring his face over mine to confirm if I am crying. He would ask, "Aaltha iidhiya"[Are you crying?]. Then will say "Aalbeda antha heelilla?" [I told you not to cry]. He then will say "Mukha oorsthini" [I will wipe your face] and with his little soft hands wipe off tears from both my eyes. He just would repeat this every time.

I was deeply thankful and grateful. Very hard to express what I felt. But, I do want to remember this gesture from Karthik and Vaibhav all my life.

No comments: