Brr !! Spooky !!!

I want to go to Bhangarh!!


Bhangarh is a town on way from Jaipur to Alwar city in Rajasthan state of India. It has the ruins of the town established by Madho Singh, younger brother of Raja Man Singh.

What is it about this town ??

No one dares to stay in the town after sunset, those who dare, do not return.
People hear sounds of dancing and music during nights, though the town is deserted.

Spooky!!!!! isn't it ??

Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) have opened their office one kilometer from the ruins and also have a sign board "Staying after sunset is strictly prohibited in this area." If anyone wants to venture out at night there has to get a permission from ASI.


Why is this place spooky and haunted ??? Well!! there are many fables. One story goes that beauty of the princess Ratnawati drew princes from far and wide. A tantrik / magician Singhia fell for her. He tried all the black magic he knew to woo her but failed as the princess herself was a mistress of black magic. Princess cursed a stone to kill Singhia. Stone rolled down on to the magicion and killed him. Before he died he cursed the city that, in one incident entire city would die and the souls of the people there would remain there for centuries, and if the town was ever rediscovered the township would not be found, but only temples would show up.

True to the story,a battle ensued between Bhangarh-Ajabgarh and none survived, and today temples dot the landscape and even far up on the mountains only shrines can be seen. And I guess it is those souls who keep dancing and singing in the night !!

brrrrr !!! scary !!!

6 comments:

think_free said...

You just wanna go or want to spend a nite too? I will join if u are gonna stay overnite ;)

PizzaDude said...

Totally spooky!!!

Mrudula Sreekanth said...

Spooky indeed. I would love to go and check out this place and stay overnight!

Casey said...

Hey Vin, thanks... I guess my trip to Rajasthan next year will definitly include this place in the itinerary ;) wanna join me???

Gattina said...

I join the others ! I like spooky places I would take a rattle, a drum and a whistle with me to make some noise and of course my camera. Have never taken a picture of goasts !

Mysorean said...

Well, spooky of course!